After very early starts this morning, the teams from Living
Grace Community Church, in Cary, IL and Pilgrim Covenant Granby, CT both
arrived safely and on time to Aeropuerto Toncontin (Toncontin Airport) in
Tegucigalpa. The bus ride brought the 33 of us to the Mission House where we got
settled in, had a snack and then was given the lay of the land by Jon and Helen
Hovestol (WGO staff who manage Serve Teams at the Mission House). Our dinner of
brocheta (shish kebabs), rice and beans, a slaw and tres leches (three milks
bread) was excellent.
This evening the team went around the room sharing why we
all came to Honduras for this week. There was a variety of answers such:
“I
wanted to do something like this before I head off to college”
“I have
heard such great things from people who have gone on this trip before”
“God
wants me here and I don’t yet know exactly why”
“To be
in service to the people of Honduras and to be used by God”
John also shared with the team about an event that has been
going on in Honduras this past week with a special event today. The event is
called 1 Nation, 1 Day (www.1nation1day.com) and the organizers
are asking two questions: “Can a Nation
Be Saved in Day?” and “Can a country be brought forth in a moment?” Over 2000
missionaries have been in Honduras this past week ministering to the Honduran
teenagers. There have been service projects this week to meet the needs of the
poor and this evening, 18 separate events were held in large venues in each of
the 18 state capitals in the country of Honduras and broadcast live throughout
the country sharing the gospel with the people. Please pray for the impact of this event in
bringing the gospel to this country and preparing the hearts of people to hear
our message this coming week.
We ask also that you pray for the health and safety of the
team throughout the week and pray for God’s clear leading in each of the team
member’s lives, in the lives of the WGO staff, and in the people God brings to
the medical clinics.
| Bus Ride from Airport to Mission House |
I so wish that I could have gone... But it was not my year. Missing it tremendously, but I will be praying you through your week! Praying that God will use you to change lives-not ONLY the lives of the Honduran people, but that God would do His great work in the hearts of every team member as well! And...Don't be afraid to do Evangelism!!!!! God shows up and He does the work!!!!! Right Pastor Don?! ;) Have a great week! [Hello to Bethany!]
ReplyDelete